Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New month....New local spotlight

Playful by J. Lloyd




Playful is a brand that focuses on having fun with fashion, but always keeping it chic.
The store doesn't carry it yet and no one else will have one like yours.
Consider this your very own personal handcrafted heirloom.

History of Designer- Jenell Lloyd


A native Detroiter who has been sewing off and on for several years and recently recommitted herself back to the craft in February 2011. She prides herself on creating fun but chic handbags.
I purchased my first Playful handbag 2 years ago on a tip from my sister who went to college with Jenell.  This is how the conversation went regarding what I envisioned. 
Jenell:  So what did you have in mind? 
Me: I want something white with a butterfly and pink feathers....Don't ask me how all that goes together.  She said I got it, I'll have something for you in 2 weeks.  This beautiful creation is what she came up with and the result was a one of kind clutch with a sweet little thank you note tucked inside.

I recently saw this picture of one of her latest creations posted on the Playful Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Playful-by-JLloyd/140089169435540   and I inquired about it.  She told me she would check to see if the fabric was still available.  Guess what, she sent me a message and told me she had the fabric and she is working on it as we speak. This WOMAN WORKS!

 "Play with fashion and get you one!" J. Lloyd

Playful handbags and accessories range from $15-$80.  The designer Jenell Lloyd may be contacted at 248-325-8559, via email jlloydhandbags@yahoo.com or via Facebook Playful by J.Lloyd for orders.

CURVY GIRL FINDS

I have been lucky to have a few readers reach out and suggest some sites (YES ALREADY!) for stylish, budget-friendly, curvy girl fashions.  I want to thank Madame Senta for leading me to Fashion to Figure  http://www.fashiontofigure.com/catalog/new.html
Where I found this cute little number in one of my favorite things...Peplum ofcourse!
I also have Madame Tracy to thank for sending me Monsoon http://us.monsoon.co.uk/view/category/us_catalog/mon_11
One of the London based company that she has stumbled upon in her world travels.  Here is a sample of one of my favorite things from their collection.


My favorite European tip from Ms. Tracy was this collection of goodies from Dorothy Perkins offering garments from sizes 2-18

Here are a few of the things I'm drooling over right now!

Ivory Crepe Tux jacket $69


Black Bustier Peplum $69




 Matte Gold Sequin Blazer  $95


You can catch other great finds from these sites on the Savvy Chic page of my blog.


Happy Shopping!


MB






No comments:

Post a Comment